Real Estate Title Insurance Underwriter
Charlottesville title agency is seeking a real estate title insurance underwriter. The position requires someone with strong written and oral communication skills, outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. Real estate and/or paralegal experience preferred. Licensed underwriter preferred, but will train the right person.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Interpret real estate title searches/abstracts and related documentation necessary to produce binders, policies and endorsements for title insurance.
2. Collect real estate title search information from title examiner, and organize and underwrite it for supervisor to review.
3. Prepare title insurance binders and title reports, title insurance policies and related endorsements.
4. Review and interpret land surveys.
5. Recognize title defects and seek advice from supervisor as to insurability, when necessary.
1. Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
2. Good written and verbal communication skills
3. Real estate / paralegal experience
4. Proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office; knowledge of RAMQUEST
NOTES: Salary commensurate with experience, monthly parking paid by employer, PTO.
This office does not conduct in-house property closing settlements.
This is a full-time in-house position.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org