Charlottesville title agency is seeking an experienced title insurance underwriter. The position requires someone with strong written and oral communication skills, outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. Licensed underwriter preferred, but will train the right person.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Interpret title searches/abstracts and related documentation necessary to produce binders, policies and endorsements.
2. Collect title search information from examiner, and organize and underwrite it for supervisor to review.
3. Prepare title binders and title reports, policies and related endorsements.
4. Review and interpret surveys.
5. Recognize title defects and seek advice from supervisor as to insurability, when necessary.
1. Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
2. Good written and verbal communication skills
3. Proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office; knowledge of RAMQUEST
NOTES: Salary commensurate with experience, monthly parking paid by employer, financial assistance with health insurance.
This office does not conduct in-house settlements.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org